Take a vacay and plan a trip to Krabi! I just did and it was wonderful. I’m not a fan of long, tiring vacations. I prefer a short dose of fun and relaxation and that’s exactly what this vacation was. Now I’m going to divide all about this vacation in different posts so it’s easier to read. Let me start with where we stayed.
Most tourists choose to stay at Aonang which is a very convenient location, 30 mins from the airport with a lot of great hotels and resorts. We spent hours on hotel websites trying to figure out where to stay – I mean with a million contradicting reviews and a few negative experiences in the past, we were extremely careful this time. After a whole bunch of choices, we finally decided to book the Double Supreme room at The Centra by Centara Phu Pano Resort.
Centra by Centara Phu Pano Resort
This has a lot of great reviews and it’s a pretty good option to stay. However, while going through all the reviews and the pictures, I still had some questions which I’m going to answer now. We booked this place for four days and I’d rate it as a solid 6.5 out of 10.
The Positive Aspects
- Great location. It’s exactly 32 mins from the airport, close to the Aonang beach and surrounded by restaurants, shopping areas, and spas.
- They have great service. Friendly and helpful staff. There are frequent shuttles taking you to the town and back (must be booked at least an hour before).
- The breakfast buffet is pretty good with many options.
- It’s very clean and well kept.
- The room has all the basic amenities. TV with English channels, mini fridge, a kettle, and hairdryer. There’s hot water at all times and ironing equipment is available upon request.
- It has a pretty good pool and gym.
- Our room had a great view from the balcony.
The view from our room
The Negative Aspects
- This is more of a hotel than a resort. It’s quite small and what you see in the picture above is what you get. They have a pool and a gym inside but there really is no space outside to walk around.
- The rooms looked bigger in the picture but they’re actually small.
- The decor looks a bit cheap and kind of substandard.
- The normal rate of the room is around 85SGD per night. I’m not sure it’s worth that. We have stayed in better places at far cheaper rates so we don’t think this matches up.
We only had breakfast at the hotel for four days. All the reviews did rave about the food. Like the room, the food also gets a rating of 6.5. The buffet did have quite a few options but only some of them were actually tasty. Since we stayed for 4 days, it was a bit boring to get the same kind of food every day. There are a few changes but for the most part, it’s the same food. I’ll share a few pics of the food below. The Happy Hour is pretty great. You get one-for-one cocktails.
So yes, that’s my take on this resort. Also, note that a lot of ‘resorts’ in Krabi are small and are actually hotels. There are other resorts and villas available with more space and facilities, costing around the same. But if you’re seeking a short stay in a convenient location, this is a decent option.
With that out of the way, I’m moving on to the fun stuff! Read the next post to find all the fun stuff you can do in Krabi!!!